Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
This week I bought a sunroof wind deflector from a guy that was selling it on craigslist. The part is nissan genuine and it's on the box and everything. But when I tried to install it something weird was happening, the metal clips that holds it against the roof where too small. I tried and tried until I gave up, so I double checked the instructions and that's when I saw that is says "Pathfinder" on the book. I called the guy and he told me that maybe the parts got mixed up because he also have some for altimas and pathfinders. He said that he was going to give me the right ones "tomorrow". It's been 2 days and he doesn't answer my calls anymore :mad3:.
I think the deflector "per se" is for altimas but the mounting parts belongs to a pathfinder. OK, what I need from you guys is to tell me what options do I have so I can keep it and install it, I just need the metal clips to be longer.

This links shows what I'm talking about: (this example is for a murano)
http://www.lasercannon.com/Murano/Files/manuals/nissansunroofwinddeflector.pdf
In page 2 figure 3 you'll see what I mean.
I thought on building one but first I wanted to hear it from you.
Here is another link, represented by the letter 'C':
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1271/677967408_73ca2d0743.jpg

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi guys!
This week I bought a sunroof wind deflector from a guy that was selling it on craigslist. The part is nissan genuine and it's on the box and everything. But when I tried to install it something weird was happening, the metal clips that holds it against the roof where too small. I tried and tried until I gave up, so I double checked the instructions and that's when I saw that is says "Pathfinder" on the book. I called the guy and he told me that maybe the parts got mixed up because he also have some for altimas and pathfinders. He said that he was going to give me the right ones "tomorrow". It's been 2 days and he doesn't answer my calls anymore :mad3:.
I think the deflector "per se" is for altimas but the mounting parts belongs to a pathfinder. OK, what I need from you guys is to tell me what options do I have so I can keep it and install it, I just need the metal clips to be longer.

This links shows what I'm talking about: (this example is for a murano)
http://www.lasercannon.com/Murano/Files/manuals/nissansunroofwinddeflector.pdf
In page 2 figure 3 you'll see what I mean.
I thought on building one but first I wanted to hear it from you.
Here is another link, represented by the letter 'C':
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1271/677967408_73ca2d0743.jpg
I would getting my money back....

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Try a nissan parts counter...see if you can verify that its for the altima, and whether or not you can buy replacement clips only.

You can always sell it, once you know what car its for anyway.

"...it's not about the parts-it's about the look and feel of the car as a whole" - Jason Whipple, Rotiform

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Can I ask why you want that silly looking wind deflector? I am having the shop take mine off + buff out the marks now. I would send you mine but it has some cracks in the front of it (they are hardly/not visible while it is on the car though).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reasons i wanted it are:
1. found it @ $30 original nissan part
2. noise canceling effect
3. like how it looks
if you can give me some reason for not putting it:
1. leaves marks on the paint (good point)
2. ?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I always thought the little thing that goes up when you open the sunroof was good enough for me. Not much air comes in the car anyways. Unless I crack open a rear window a little then I really have no need for a AC :D

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
it leaves marks and personally I don't like the look of it. Makes my car look like it belongs to my mom imo. To each his own.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You got me thinking about those marks, and the fact that i dont have the pieces to mount it has made me desist!
Thank you all for your opinions!:p
PS: I got a sunroof wind deflector for sale w/o mounting parts!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I took mine off, didn't like it. If you decide to keep it I can find the mounting hardware to send to you.

BTW my car is white and after having the deflector on only like a month it still left a slight orange-looking stain in the paint.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I took mine off, didn't like it. If you decide to keep it I can find the mounting hardware to send to you.

BTW my car is white and after having the deflector on only like a month it still left a slight orange-looking stain in the paint.
same, except mine has been on for 8 years lmao.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts