Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My name is Jason Gibbs, and I am a litigation assistant at Girard Gibbs law firm. Girard Gibbs law firm has a class action case on file in the Southern District of Florida regarding consumer complaints about melting dashboards in Nissan cars. More information about this case is available at:
http://www.girardgibbs.com/nissan-melting-dashboard-lawsuit/
If you would like to contact the firm about the case you can contact us by phone at 415-981-4800 or by email at [email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be careful also if you have any hint of fingernails on your hands. I have bumped the dash in my 07 SE w my hand during normal use and carved out small slivers / clumps of this mystery material dash...so it is extremely delicate once hot...this is one of the reasons Nissans don't hold their value as well as Honda and Toyota as they tend to use cheaper plastics on the interiors of their entry to mid level cars. The nicer plastics seem to be reserved for the Infiniti tier. Only cure for this is probably good tint and a dashpad and /or being extremely careful and keeping your fingernails trimmed to nubs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems to be a real problem with these cars with the sticky dash boards from what I have been reading on the web. Nissan seems to not want to admit that this is a problem. There is a link for a class action law suite if you google "2008 Nissan Altima sticky dash board". Good luck because Nissan is not going to do any thing about it for less that $2,000.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a super sticky dashboard, and it makes sense that the sun is melting the material. I have tried a lot of products and nothing seems to work. If a good suggestion comes along, I'll be definitely trying it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to Altimas and thus this forum. Just got a 2008 2.5 S (black, of course), to replace my gas guzzlin' '97 Mustang GT convertible (I will miss the convertible part). Anyway, love the car so far, but as I'm doing the it's new-2-me car cleaning (seller didn't even bother to wash it) I find the dash, where the Florida sun hits it, is super sticky (as in beyond tacky). Tried Maguires cleaner first. No go. Tried some eco-friendly junk we use in my store. Nada. Tried Goo-Gone. Nothing. Never seen anything like it in my 45 years of car ownership. Prior owner says it was like that when he bought it last year. So...is this an Altima thing? Or is it just a my-car thing?

Either way, cure solutions (pun intended) are welcome.

Thanks.
Apparently there was a class action suit against Nissan for the 08-09 dashboard issue. Not only can they have the stickiness issue but they can develop a sheen to them that is blinding to the driver. Might want to look into having it replaced. There may be a recall on them.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts