Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 2.5 S. The other day this started and only above 2000 when slightly depressing accelerator. I'm thinking fuel pump because about 1-1/2 years back I got one from ebay. It wasn't real expensive so it makes sense. I read about checking the vvt solenoid another thing replaced less than a year ago. I added some heat and a good injector cleaner. Just hoping someone has had similar problems and can give direction. Thanks, B.R.

·
Administrator
308 Posts
This type of symptom generally shows up when the ECU puts the system into "fail safe" mode caused by a problem with the MAF circuitry. One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores or most auto parts stores will scan your car for free. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-altima-service-repair-manuals/. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rogo. I actually had knowledge about this MAF condition but being 65 years old and forgetful hampered my diagnosis. The worst part was $237.00 spent at a local garage for two pigtail connectors (crank + temp) w/ a drive around the block didn't do it. Needless to say we won't deal w/ them again. Thanks again, BenII.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts