Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, How often does Transfer fluid & differential gear oil need to be changed for the 2019 Altima S AWD? The manual just said "inspect", and I didn't find any Differential gear oil related posts (most of the posts are about CVT:ROFLMAO:)

@VStar650CL (Nissan master must know this;) (y)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The transfer case is just another bucket of hypoid oil like a rear end diff, and can be treated similarly. I presume Nissan doesn't recommend changes because the fluid is expected to outlast the 60K drivetrain warranty, just like the tranny fluid. Hmm, I guess useful life must be over at 60K (not).

Gearboxes are a fairly friendly environment for lubricants compared to an engine or CVT. Most oil-heads recommend 40~60K, and I'll go along with that. You can go longer if you drive like granny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The transfer case is just another bucket of hypoid oil like a rear end diff, and can be treated similarly. I presume Nissan doesn't recommend changes because the fluid is expected to outlast the 60K drivetrain warranty, just like the tranny fluid. Hmm, I guess useful life must be over at 60K (not).

Gearboxes are a fairly friendly environment for lubricants compared to an engine or CVT. Most oil-heads recommend 40~60K, and I'll go along with that. You can go longer if you drive like granny.
Thanks! Always quick response (y) ;)
How many qt to change transfer and rear totally? I am thinking 1 qt should be enough based on this

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

[Valvoline High Performance SAE 80W-90 Gear Oil 1 QT] should be good enough and so easy to get it :D

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving folks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts