Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this weird issue where I saw few red oil drops while I was backing out in snow. I had to accelerate(may be at 2500 rpm) to wiggle the car out of snow. I saw few drops of red oil(transmission/steering fluid) on the snow. However I did not observe any more after I drove very slow in the parking lot. Location is exactly mid way in the front of the car. I took the car to Nissan Dealer and they cannot find anything obvious. Is there a way to find out what it could be? I did not find any noticeable change in the transmission/steering fluid level. Should I worried about this. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not change the atf/transmission fluid at all. I have 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5s, with 101K miles. I am wondering if there is some steering fluid(red also I believe) leak through lines?

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
If you have already taken it in for a quick inspection and your fluid levels on both the steering fluid and tranny fluid are fine, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maybe throw a white piece of cardboard under the car over night and see if anything drips on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts