Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plastic part that fell from under my 2015 Altama and I can't seem to find where it goes. Can someone show where it's suppose to go and what it does. I have seen pictures on the internet showing it's placement but I can not make heads or tails about it. A better picture would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Automotive exterior Auto part Bicycle part Composite material Metal

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nissan calls them "fairings" and they're basically just wind baffles. They fit ahead of the rear wheels toward the middle of the car. They're 748A4 and 748A5 in this diagram (note the arrow showing "front"). To give you some sense of location, the crossmembers shown in the floor panel are what the front seats bolt to, so those fairings fit under the car at about the same location as the front edge of the rear seat cushion. They're held in with one push-clip and one 6mm screw:

Schematic Font Line Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nissan calls them "fairings" and they're basically just wind baffles. They fit ahead of the rear wheels toward the middle of the car. They're 748A4 and 748A5 in this diagram (note the arrow showing "front"). To give you some sense of location, the crossmembers shown in the floor panel are what the front seats bolt to, so those fairings fit under the car at about the same location as the front edge of the rear seat cushion. They're held in with one push-clip and one 6mm screw:

View attachment 11117
Thanks for the info. Now I believe I can locate the spot where they go. I'm guessing that they are not really needed since it has been off for a while. I ask the local Nissan dealer and they said they didn't know where they went.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You're most welcome. They're mostly intended to divert spray from the front wheels away from the rear subframe and control arms by creating an aerodynamic "roller" under the car. So if you live in a state where they salt the roads, I recommend keeping them in place. If you don't then they're probably unnecessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts