Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recall Date
JUN 21, 2007

Model Affected
2007 NISSAN ALTIMA

Description
ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, IF A SUFFICIENTLY HOT OBJECT ENTERS THE AIR FILTER HOUSING THROUGH THE ENGINE FRESH AIR INTAKE SYSTEM AND CONTACTS THE ENGINE AIR FILTER, THE FLAMMABILITY CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AIR FILTER MATERIAL ARE SUCH THAT THE FILTER MAY IGNITE.

Consequence
IF THE AIR FILTER MATERIAL IGNITES, A FIRE MAY OCCUR.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE AIR FILTER WITH A NEW ONE THAT HAS IMPROVED ANTI-FLAMMABILITY MATERIAL CHARACTERISTICS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 3, 2007, AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH OCTOBER 1, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

Potential Units Affected

UPDATE!
NISSAN IS RECALLING 204,361 MY 2007-2008 ALTIMA, ALTIMA HYBRID, 350Z, 350Z ROADSTER, MY 2008 ALTIMA COUPE, ROGUE, MY 2009 MURANO, AND INFINITI MY 2007-2008 G35 SEDAN, MY 2008 G37 COUPE AND EX35 PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS' OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (OCS) CONTROL UNITS. A VARISTOR IN THE OCS CONTROL UNIT LOCATED IN THE PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION MAY HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED OUT OF SPECIFICATION. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, THIS COULD CAUSE AN INTERRUPTION OF SIGNAL BETWEEN THE OCS AND THE AIR BAG CONTROL UNIT (ACU).
Consequence
THIS COULD RESULT IN THE PASSENGER AIR BAG BEING SUPPRESSED WHICH COULD FAIL TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE PROTECTION IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Feel free to contribute any more recalls you may find. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
The recalls listed below I copied from this site:
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/371

2002, 2005, 2006 ALTIMA, SENTRA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN ECM REPROGRAM (2.5L)
Nissan has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 2002 and 2005-2006 model year Nissan Altima and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine. On some of these vehicles there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to the program in the Electronic Control Module (engine computer). If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning. To prevent this potential condition, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to reprogram the Electronic Control Module.​

2002-2005 NISSAN ALTIMA, 2004-2005 MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER REPLACEMENT / BUSHING REPLACEMENT AND SEALING
On some model year 2002-2005 Nissan Altima and 2004-2005 Nissan Maxima vehicles, there is a possibility that corrosion of the rear sub-frame may occur. Corrosion is most likely in cold climates where heavy salting of roads is common practice in freezing conditions. A mixture of road salt and water can promote corrosion in the rear sub-frame bushings of some vehicles. In severe cases, cracking of the rear sub-frame may occur, which may result in a knocking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The performance or handling characteristics of the vehicle are not affected and it is safe to drive the vehicle.​

2004 NISSAN SENTRA, 2004-2005 ALTIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN QR25DE POWER VALVE

Nissan has determined that on some 2004 model year Sentra and 2004-2005 model year Altima vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine there is a possibility that power valve screws located in the intake manifold may become loose. If this occurs the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) may illuminate and unstable engine idling or power loss may occur.​

2005 NISSAN ALTIMA, MAXIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT

On some model year 2005 Maxima and Altima vehicles, the Air Bag Warning Light may flash even though the air bag systems it monitors are operating properly. To prevent this condition, Nissan has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the Passenger Air Bag Status Light Control Circuit which is causing this to happen.​

2005 NISSAN ALTIMA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN ALTIMA TIRE REPLACEMENT

Nissan has determined that some 2005 Altimas may have a tire vibration or ride harshness condition. To correct this condition, Nissan is conducting a service campaign to replace the tires on these vehicles. For all vehicles in this population (you must confirm using Service Comm) the tires (except spare) must be replaced.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New recall added!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eck.. Recalls :(
I know, right? I will have to bring my car in sometime next week. My schedule this week is hectic and won't allow me to. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
how come i didnt get anything for a recall for my 07 altima 2.5 s. and i bought mine from a private owner and he didnt tell me that it had a recall maybe they got it and they fixed but i am not to sure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ok i'll do that

·
Registered
20 Posts
One just came out last wk for mine I have an 08 2.5s ... It's the master brake cylinder which causes your brake light to go on and off.. I know a lot of people have been having issues with that annoying light and this is why!

·
Registered
33 Posts
What most people don't realize is that as your brake pads wear, you need more fluid in the lines to take up the lost space. This makes you fluid level go lower. If proper fluid checks are done you would eliminate the low fluid level warning light.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guru...where did you get your grille...I dont want to copy but I think that would look great on my Altima. Thanks man..

·
Registered
9 Posts
All 2007 and 2008 Nissan Altima owners should be getting a card in the mail for a recall on the brake master cyliner and a varistor under the hood. Just got my 07 back today and the brakes feel GREAT! I has the brake light coming on and couldnt figure out why I was going through brake fluid. Master cylinder recalled due to leakage...if oyu havent registered your car with Nissan.com and dont get a recall card you will have to call the dealer and give your VIN# to see if your Altima is affected....

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Master cyclinder will only be replaced if your having issues. So keep the card when you get it even if you aren't having issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree 1000% with Superbad..if youre not leaking brake fluid hold onto the card...I was having issues and needed mine replaced...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts