Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I got a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 a few months ago and just started installing a Pioneer AVH X4700BS and a back up camera. Ive never done any kind of car installations before considering this is my first car, but have done a lot of research on the process. So far Ive taken my old radio out, and hooked my wiring harness together using butt connectors, but theres two wires that I have no idea where they are suppose to connect. One is a really long light green wire labelled the "Parking Brake", and a very short Violet wire with a white stripe that is labelled "Reverse Gear Signal Imput".
I know that the green wire is suppose to hook to the parking break somehow to tell when the car is in park, so you can watch movies etc. and that the Violet and White wire is so that the head unit can tell when the car is put in reverse, but I have no idea where to hook them, since they obviously don't hook to the wiring harness. If anybody could help me out and let me know if Im doing anything wrong, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts