Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased this Altima and I'm pretty sure I have a bad servo motor for a vent I'm just not sure which. When the mode is set to dash the vents mostly blow out of my floor vents and a small amount out of the floor. Then when it's on feet it only comes out of the defrost/windshield. Floor and dash mode comes out of the floor and defrost/windshield. Floor and defrost blows out only the windshield/defrost aswell as the small passenger and driver side window vents. I have almost no dash airflow no matter what mode it's any. Does anyone have any Idea on which servo that it could be or if it is something completely different.

I also just got a new engine in it. The compressor for the ac was working prior to it but hasn't worked since. I'm postive it is at the right Freon level and I can see it not engaging. Any help would be amazing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The Mode Actuator is on the driver's side of the HVAC almost at the top of the unit. It's the same location on both Auto and Manual setups. It's possible the potentiometer in the servo has failed, but it's more likely you have a broken cam or the splines on either the actuator or HVAC are stripped.
Font Line Rectangle Parallel Art

1 - 2 of 2 Posts