Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum and read probably every post on engine vibration but found no answer.

05 Altima 2.5s, 130K miles

Bad vibration in P/R/D Most notable when in gear and stopped. When in neutral still feel it but not quite as bad. I had all 4 motor mounts (after market) replaced by my trusted mechanic. Read somewhere where a clutch\pulley on the Alternator could cause this. Replaced the alternator. Intake manifold was replaced about 1 year ago so don't think its a leak issue. Pre-CAT has been replaced about 1year ago as well.

SES light is not on.

Any Help appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
might be your pcv valve. also some after market mounts are stiffer then the oem ones might take a while for them to wear in a bit.

I have the same issue ( not really that bad but noticeable) iv always had a little vibration in gear though)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
might be your pcv valve. also some after market mounts are stiffer then the oem ones might take a while for them to wear in a bit.

I have the same issue ( not really that bad but noticeable) iv always had a little vibration in gear though)
Thanks, I'll see who else replies and maybe give them a while to break in as suggested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 03 altima has been to the shop for routine repairs/maintenance, i have the same problem and have not come across a mechanic that has said that there is anything wrong with my little shaking problem at idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts