Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2013 Altima last November. Very happy with it, until...
Around July I noticed heavy condensation on the inside front & back windshields (mostly front). I'm a very busy important guy ;) (or maybe just lazy), so I lived with it--bringing a roll of paper towels with me every morning to wipe off the windshield before driving off.

I finally took it back to the dealership a few weeks ago for oil change, fix some minor recall issues, and have a look at the water problem. I told the service folks I suspected the water coming in from the windshield (because the only defect I found to that point was some weatherstripping I eventually glued back). That was a red herring; they didn't find the cause.

Went on vacation to Canada, in heavy rain most of the way. By the time we arrived, my wife noticed dampness on her passenger side floor. I borrowed my brother's wet-dry vac and it took the whole week to dry out the passenger front and both sides of the back floors. The water was clean (don't think it came up from the road through some opening), and now it struck me that I never saw water draining from the a/c ever since I first used a/c in June.

So the car is back at the dealer at this time. Is the a/c drain plugged and water is backing up into the interior? They are bringing in their 'water guy' to look at it. Will post the results as they come in.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Your dealer might not find the leak. Its not a common or well known issue. I work with the canton assembly plant quality control on a regular basis. It's most likely not the ac drain. On a short run of cars, the body seam wasn't sealed adequately enough. In the rain, water runs down the windshield, along the inner fender and right over the body seam. It then makes it's way to the interior. If they have trouble finding it, PM me and I'll give you my phone number so I can explain how they can repair it. (I am a Nissan Master Tech)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AdamOctober,
The service dept at the Nissan dealer here in Cincinnati has had my Altima for over a week and they can't figure out where the water is coming in. I passed your info on to them. Can you provide your contact info so I can forward it to them? (I tried emailing you through this site but apparently I need to make 5 posts before I'm allowed--really, Site Admin?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your dealer might not find the leak. Its not a common or well known issue. I work with the canton assembly plant quality control on a regular basis. It's most likely not the ac drain. On a short run of cars, the body seam wasn't sealed adequately enough. In the rain, water runs down the windshield, along the inner fender and right over the body seam. It then makes it's way to the interior. If they have trouble finding it, PM me and I'll give you my phone number so I can explain how they can repair it. (I am a Nissan Master Tech)

Hi,

I’m having issues with a water leak as well. Doesn’t seem to be the moon roof (tested by pouring water I to the seam). Creating a mold problem. Any assistance appreciated. Car is 2013 Altima. System not allowing me to PM you asI am new.

Thanks!
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts