Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 Altima 2.5S and recently noticed water in the driver side front and rear floors. Not a little water, A LOT of water. I went at it with the wet vac and sucked out almost 3 gallons! (pulled up the carpet...there was literally a pool in the floor pan.) It's been super hot and humid so I've been running the a/c a lot. Seems like a lot for an a/c leak, but we haven't gotten a ton of rain recently, so it's my only guess! Is there a drain tube associated with the a/c unit I should check? If so, where the hell is it?!?!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do your car has a sunroof ?

I've got an 07 Altima 2.5S and recently noticed water in the driver side front and rear floors. Not a little water, A LOT of water. I went at it with the wet vac and sucked out almost 3 gallons! (pulled up the carpet...there was literally a pool in the floor pan.) It's been super hot and humid so I've been running the a/c a lot. Seems like a lot for an a/c leak, but we haven't gotten a ton of rain recently, so it's my only guess! Is there a drain tube associated with the a/c unit I should check? If so, where the hell is it?!?!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose?

Thanks!!!
You need to check if the drain hose of the sunroof is clear or cloged .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remove the cowel which sits between the engine and the windshield and make sure there are no trapped leaves or debris there, clear everything up.

The situation you are in happens when the drain hole which allows the water to run through is clogged up, when clogged the water has no where to go and it slowly starts seeping inside the cabin, starting from under the carpet area and the next thing you know is your electronics might start to act funny.

Clean it up, see if you can fit a vaccum hose fitment in it to suck up whatever gunk is there, good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
water in door

Hey i had a similar problem with water in the driver or driver rear door the only thing I know is there was splashing sounds once I arrived at work the water drain. Upon going back to the car there was a puddle or damp spot any suggestion??:confused:

Remove the cowel which sits between the engine and the windshield and make sure there are no trapped leaves or debris there, clear everything up.

The situation you are in happens when the drain hole which allows the water to run through is clogged up, when clogged the water has no where to go and it slowly starts seeping inside the cabin, starting from under the carpet area and the next thing you know is your electronics might start to act funny.

Clean it up, see if you can fit a vaccum hose fitment in it to suck up whatever gunk is there, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts