Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm hoping somebody might be able to help out with this problem. I've noticed that the carpet in the driver's side footwell of my 2009 Altima SL is wet. Not soaked, but noticeable. I'll allow it to dry, and it'll be fine, then I notice it's wet again.

I checked for any water leaks via the sunroof and door seals, but there is none. It also doesn't happen when it rains. I believe the problem might be with the defroster, because the last couple of times it's happened when I remote start the car with the defroster on so it'll clear the windshield by the time I'm ready to leave in the morning. I've also noticed the problem doesn't seem to happen when the heater is on, just the defroster.

I don't smell antifreeze, and I've read it could be a condensation thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm hoping somebody might be able to help out with this problem. I've noticed that the carpet in the driver's side footwell of my 2009 Altima SL is wet. Not soaked, but noticeable. I'll allow it to dry, and it'll be fine, then I notice it's wet again.

I checked for any water leaks via the sunroof and door seals, but there is none. It also doesn't happen when it rains. I believe the problem might be with the defroster, because the last couple of times it's happened when I remote start the car with the defroster on so it'll clear the windshield by the time I'm ready to leave in the morning. I've also noticed the problem doesn't seem to happen when the heater is on, just the defroster.

I don't smell antifreeze, and I've read it could be a condensation thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem with my 09 Altima coupe. Hopefully someone can tell us what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
the most common cause of wet carpets on these cars is a clogged evaporator drain tube. if i recall, the tube is on the passenger side, near where your left foot would be. look for a black rubber elbow. when these are clogged, the water can seep out of anywhere after the HVAC case starts to fill up with water. we see more of this during summer when your evaporator is pulling moisture out of the air. not saying this is your issue, but its free to check and free to correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts