Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Some (or all) of my BOSE speakers have clearly suffered a damaging blow from a few seconds of volume at 30 (Max). I don't know what to do because there aren't many audio "professionals" around here and the dealer will (i'm sure) charge me $1k+ to replace any audio components...

How much would an aftermarket audio system cost?? I basically want to listen my old-school rap and occasional instrumentals without living in fear of increasing the volume beyond a certain limit because the speakers are going to get damaged.

Can I just replace the dash/rear speakers while keeping the same door-speakers sub and head-unit?

p.s.:excuse my layman terminologies.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
you'd have to get 2 ohm speakers since all the non bose and bose speakers are 2 ohms. It's easier to replace everything with aftermarket...not necessarily cheaper. As far as just a simple switch out and replacement, you'd have to look into a brand like Infinity which sells 2 ohm coaxial speakers. I think JL Audio has 2 ohm coaxial speakers as well.

Read the sticky in this section. The bose and non bose are crappy speakers...made of cheap paper and foam surrounds. Aftermarket is always better because they're made with material that can handle loud volume levels to a certain point. Blasting anything will always distort and possibly damage speakers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asked the dealer, turns out the speakers are covered under the vehicle warranty (I was ill-informed earlier :redface:). Since this is the case, I'll have them swapped-out and just keep the volume to a maximum of 18-20 from now on... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts