Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2008 altima 3.5 coupe 110,000 miles and automatic transmission. never had any problems with until the other day. i started up and drove to the store no sounds nothing unusual. come out of store , start u vdc, slip and abs lights were lit up on dash !!! sounded fine, i reversed and it sounded fine .. ..as soon as i roll forward not even putting foot on gas or break there's a cranking noise !! doesn't get louder when faster coasting but faster sounding. sounds almost like winding up a jack in the box !!!! goes away as soon as i hit 10 mph and above and only makes noise if i get in car after driving it . so like going into store and coming out and starting . no obd meter codes no check engine or trans light on!!! what is going on??????? also when i go back out to car after going to store or where ever i start it no lights on dash , i hear sound again then get to 10 mph and those lights re appear and sound is gone !!!!! Any answers???? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe the abs wheel speed sensor? It throws codes, and and light, and what your describing. I'd check those. They are about 100-150 each, and last a long time. About 100k miles or so. Sometimes more if taken care of. No accidents n stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the abs wheel speed sensor? It throws codes, and and light, and what your describing. I'd check those. They are about 100-150 each, and last a long time. About 100k miles or so. Sometimes more if taken care of. No accidents n stuff.
Yeah now i think about it . was hoing to do brake pads on front and took pad off and brakes were syill 50 percent. My friend didnt apparently put pin all the way in caliper so i am driving and heard something fall . well good thing i was close to home he took tire off and pad slid so then 1 week or so later this happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts