Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7327 Posts

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm gonna repaint the door panels and dash pieces soon too. Also new window tint on Friday. Getting 15% all around to replace my 25%. I've already gotten all my window tint off except one window.
Starting it up would just be too tempting for me to drive it. I'm glad there aren't really winters here in FL lol (I'm assuming it's in storage because of winter?). When will you be driving it again?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Thanks! I'm gonna repaint the door panels and dash pieces soon too. Also new window tint on Friday. Getting 15% all around to replace my 25%. I've already gotten all my window tint off except one window.
Starting it up would just be too tempting for me to drive it. I'm glad there aren't really winters here in FL lol (I'm assuming it's in storage because of winter?). When will you be driving it again?
Window tint does look really good, I think I will have to break down at some point and do that as well. Yea it is in storage for winter but here in Vancouver its more rain than snow, I will have in insured come April and since I have my new wheels on with the new grille and SE-R tails I'm dying to show it off!! So going darker all around that will look really good on a black car your not concerned with getting a fine? I know this is on another thread but.....

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's definitely worth it. Makes the car look much better IMO. It should feel nice being able to show it off. It's gonna look like a new car! Yeah 25% just wasn't dark enough for me either, so I'm hoping 15% will do the trick. I'm not worried about it at all. Where I live cops are VERY lenient about it. As long as you don't have your windshield tinted past 65% you don't have to worry. Pretty much 70% of the people out here have 5% all around, and no one gets tickets. Cops are too occupied with all the robberies, shootings, and street racing. A high school principal in my area just got shot and killed today by a Spanish teacher because he got fired.. So pointless..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Checked my oil today. Down a half a quart again. It's using a quart every three weeks. Lucas has slowed the consumption down, but it's still not great.
Have you ever heard of a product called restore, Canadian Tire sells it. It is meant to do the same with oil consumption I've heard very good results but no personal results.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
That looks good! Today I started it up has been in storage since Nov 1 I start it every 3 weeks. I miss driving it
Can I ask why you put it in storage? :confused:

And as for me... All I did was drive mine to and from work lol. It's still waiting for its makeover.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Can I ask why you put it in storage? :confused:

And as for me... All I did was drive mine to and from work lol. It's still waiting for its makeover.

Lol... Iam a true car nut so I guess with all the time I put into this car To keep it
Looking new to only drive it in salt and sand that is laid down for winter I can't do it. I've had the car since 08 and it has 68k or approx 42m and I plan to keep it awhile so by parking it for 4-5 months keeps the k down and body looking new. My friends drive a lot newer and nicer cars than me and just don't get it.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Have you ever heard of a product called restore, Canadian Tire sells it. It is meant to do the same with oil consumption I've heard very good results but no personal results.
I've heard of it, but never used it. It looks like another 'motor honey' product. Might be worth a try though, we'll see.

Wow that sucks. That's the only reason I'm glad I don't have a VQ. Seems like all of them end up guzzling down oil at some point.
Using oil is not that bad for your car. It actually helps to keep everything lubricated and you can cut back on your oil changes if you like. I'd rather not use any oil, but adding a quart every three weeks isn't all that bad. I just hope it doesn't get much worse. Might be the beginning of the end.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So Rotation balance and allignment tomorow anybody>? LOL drove my car to practice right after i changed the rims, COMPLETE DIFFERENCE and a shaking steering wheel lmao. Hopefully those 3 can change the results. Other than that looks great when parked :D I have some garage pics but not really the whole car just the back side

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Using oil is not that bad for your car. It actually helps to keep everything lubricated and you can cut back on your oil changes if you like. I'd rather not use any oil, but adding a quart every three weeks isn't all that bad. I just hope it doesn't get much worse. Might be the beginning of the end.
I didn't know that it helped to keep things lubricated, that's interesting. I'd just rather have my oil changed every 3k miles (which is pretty often for me) than add a quart every 3 weeks.

So Rotation balance and allignment tomorow anybody>? LOL drove my car to practice right after i changed the rims, COMPLETE DIFFERENCE and a shaking steering wheel lmao. Hopefully those 3 can change the results. Other than that looks great when parked :D I have some garage pics but not really the whole car just the back side
Just get the balance and alignment since you have different sized tires for front and rear. If the problem is still there then you may need hubcentric rings, a wheel may be bent, or the tires are screwed.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It's definitely worth it. Makes the car look much better IMO. It should feel nice being able to show it off. It's gonna look like a new car! Yeah 25% just wasn't dark enough for me either, so I'm hoping 15% will do the trick. I'm not worried about it at all. Where I live cops are VERY lenient about it. As long as you don't have your windshield tinted past 65% you don't have to worry. Pretty much 70% of the people out here have 5% all around, and no one gets tickets. Cops are too occupied with all the robberies, shootings, and street racing. A high school principal in my area just got shot and killed today by a Spanish teacher because he got fired.. So pointless..
Shi--y deal when things like that happen. On a brighter note I've been to Florida twice both for Disney World, saw a bit of the surrounding area very beautiful. How far is Jacksonville from that?

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Jacksonville is a 3-4 hour drive from Orlando, so not to far at all from Disney. I love the beaches that Florida has. Have you been able to go to many beaches here? If you ever come to Jacksonville look for the 2010 twin turbo Mustang GT, it sounds like a rocket!
Beaches in Florida I wish, nope. I've wanted to go to Daytona for the beach and NASCAR

1 - 20 of 7327 Posts