Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All these Altima owners and nobody knows what the slot is for? Darn... Been googling with no luck...

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Never seen it before. Did you check the manual. Should be in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have it in my 2012 sedan. I believe it is for an SD card slot that is only present in cars equipped with the factory navigation system. I don't have factory nav so mine looks just like yours, a dimple for the slot but no slot.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Hmmm I have the nav. Guess I should go look at my car sometime.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I just looked at my car. I got every option and mine looks the same too

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought I read somewhere for some Nissan model that they have an SD card slot there and figured it was the same for the Altima. I searched around a bit and found nothing. I did find a bunch of Nissans with navigation system used CF cards but they were always right near the navigation system itself, not by the ikey slot.

This is strange, almost like it was going to be an SD card slot but it was never used?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I read somewhere for some Nissan model that they have an SD card slot there and figured it was the same for the Altima. I searched around a bit and found nothing. I did find a bunch of Nissans with navigation system used CF cards but they were always right near the navigation system itself, not by the ikey slot.

This is strange, almost like it was going to be an SD card slot but it was never used?
Definitely weird.. Like you said, almost like they had a plan for something and maybe didn't fall through?

·
Registered
65 Posts
anybody looked behind it to see if anything is there, like a plug thats not being used and slot for an SD card but its blocked off?

·
Registered
210 Posts
it is absolutely nothing. just part of the design there. if you take a pen or something to it you will see it doesnt open, just a groove in the plastic. also no wires behind it. so its just for looks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts