Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 Nissan Altima from a friend. Unfortunately, its still sitting in my garage, undriven as I've yet to buy insurance for it.

Who do you guys use? Any suggestions for finding the cheapest possible insurance?

I'm not much of a driver, and only drive when I absolutely NEED to, so I'm only looking to buy bare minimum coverage and not much more than that.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Just start callin places. And tell them you don't drive much. Some companies offer discounts for that.
Calling around is your best options. Some insurance companies are better for some and others are better for others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks superbad
been calling places all day

the cheapest I found was from this company , however, the seem small, so I think I should research them more.

USAA also provided me with some good rates (but u gotta be military family to join them)

GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, etc. all were around the same (and very expensive)

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I use Erie insurance. But I have my home owners through them so I get a discount. Plus it helps to be married and have kids.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know State Farm offers discounts for cars that are not driven often.

Be careful about who insures you too. You don't want to end up underinsured, or have poor representation.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just dont go with some small time ass company.when you need them you will find the costumer service SUCKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts