Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked the car for 5 mins it was working like normal came out and it would not go into gear. Before using the shift release I checked book it said to check tail lights which worked. After driving the car I noticed a lot of electrical doesnt work like the blinkers, trunk wont open, windows wont closes, interior lights or the reverse camera.
I had some large items in the trunk that may have knocked a wire loose, also changed the batteries in key fob which will o ly start the car the locks and remote start do t work or the trunk. I'm also 10,000 kms away from transmission oil change.
I unplugged the battery hoping it was the computer but no luck.
I'm going to invest the trunk today to see if I can find any loose or broken wires, is there anything else I should be looking at?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might wanna check if its a faulty shift/trans solenoid inside the mid console. Its like the size of a 9 volt battery and I think to replace it, its insanely expensive though.If it is the solenoid and you don't have warranty or the money, there are ways to get around it by modifying that little plastic piece to where the solenoid is obsolete and essentially making it to where you bypass it by cutting the part that is making it lock the shifter. The same piece that by pushing the shift lock, it manually moves the said piece to be able to shift into gear. You can find out all about it by doing a little web research about atima shift lock, there's countless stories online as well as videos on bootube including one telling you how to do bypass the solenoid permanently by doing what I just explained. This is just one reason why your car can't shift into gear, don't go cutting off plastic pieces solely on what I'm saying because there's numerous different reasons it could be. Hope you find the cause and work it out man good luck..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts