Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a question about whether or not it is worth repairing rust damage on my 2008 Nissan Altima3.5SE. I have rust and corrosion damage on both quarter panels and the estimates that have I received range from$1100-$2000 and the shops are solid and reliable and I understand that rust canreturn despite the best repairs. Mechanically and the interior are in great shape and I love this car. I tried to get assistance from Nissan, but that was unsuccessful and the corrosion warranty is out of date.

Any thoughts as to whether or not it is worth getting repaired? Any input is appreciated. Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
It's worth it if you're going to keep it. I'm surprised your quotes are that high though. If you're going to have it fixed, make sure you start with some undercoating to protect from further damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's crazy expensive! Have you tried looking at any DIY methods that you can try out to remove the rust issue? Most car dealerships with this sort of problem should be able to advise you the method of recourse because you're probably not the only person facing the issue. Keep hunting for a better quote though, you might never know where you might be able to find a good deal!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts