Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched and can't find what I'm looking for. I bought the aftermarket (ebay style) fog light kit for my 2010 Altima Base. It is prewired, so the lights plugged right in. Unfortunately I can't figure how to get the rocker switch to tap in to the factory harness/wires. Everything talks about replacing the stalk, nothing tells how to get the rocker switch to tie in. If anyone can shed some light, I would appreciate it.

At this point I think I'm just going to use the harness they supplied and run it independently. This creates a whole new hassle trying to find a good spot to route the wires through the firewall. Anyone have any ideas on either one? I swear I've searched for 3 hours already, I can't be the first one to have done this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
have u found a solution yet? it's been about a combined 12 hours i'm looking for a way through the firewall, I tried directly, cant find a hole, tried through the side, and up the fender, nada, through the inside wheel well, nothing.... i'm about this close to grabbing a saws-all and cutting a new hole in this -----

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've searched and searched and can't find what I'm looking for. I bought the aftermarket (ebay style) fog light kit for my 2010 Altima Base. It is prewired, so the lights plugged right in. Unfortunately I can't figure how to get the rocker switch to tap in to the factory harness/wires. Everything talks about replacing the stalk, nothing tells how to get the rocker switch to tie in. If anyone can shed some light, I would appreciate it.

At this point I think I'm just going to use the harness they supplied and run it independently. This creates a whole new hassle trying to find a good spot to route the wires through the firewall. Anyone have any ideas on either one? I swear I've searched for 3 hours already, I can't be the first one to have done this.

i figured it out, if ur still interested let me know, i bought the aftermarket from ebay too. cost me 80 bucks, and now i have fogs, here in canada the dealer is charging 380 bucks for the kit, not installed

·
Registered
2 Posts
i figured it out, if ur still interested let me know, i bought the aftermarket from ebay too. cost me 80 bucks, and now i have fogs, here in canada the dealer is charging 380 bucks for the kit, not installed
Hello, I was hoping you could tell me how you wired the switch without using new stalks? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's quite a hassle you've experience there but I do hope you were able to solve the problem. I am really hesitant to replace my lights on my own but I still tried. I was able to get aftermarket lights at 4wheelonline and installed it without any problem or issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts